Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pyjama Party....

I had a lovely pair of rose print cotton p.j.'s that I just loved and then the elastic went. I couldn't be bothered fixing the elastic...too hard in commercially bought p.j.'s but at the same time I couldn't bear to part with the lovely fabric.
So I took a leaf out of quilting ancestory and CUT them up!
The fabric is still in great condition and one leg yeilded around 12 6" squares!
I've teamed the squares with co-ordinating red, pink, blue and green and created a pile of gorgeous shabby chic-ish half square triangles.
I'm still playing with the layout as there are a few too many blobs of colour. But this little quilt is looking rather delightful. And don't worry friends. I won't foist my old jammies onto you, I'm keeping this one .....mind you....I have several other pairs of p.j.'s in rather nice prints on the go!

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I think you could foist your old jammies onto me, it's a great idea, and lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete