Monday, November 2, 2009

Over the moon....

My circle quilt is finished!
(Sorry about the wishy washy, poorly framed photo but I wanted to shoot it straight away but straight away was 11pm and I asked Joe to hold it for me, but not show his feet or head and he was complaining that his arms hurt....perhaps he shouldn't have played golf that afternoon - wish I'd thought of that response last night!! :-))
I can't stop staring at it. I just love these fabrics....always have.
Here's the back. If you read this blog you'll recall I wrote that I chose the front fabrics because of the back. I picked oranges, blues, greens, yellows and reds from the Katie Jump Rope range the same colours that appear in the hearts (except the pink). It's an Ikea fabric now sold in lengths of 120cm x 3m.
The binding is orange basket weave from Katie Jump Rope.
The quilting was a bit traumatic. I thought that the circles lent themselves to loopy stippling. I started and then panic set in. It was much harder than the practice piece. But I couldn't find my 'quick-un-pick' so I soldiered on. My loops aren't very consistent and that bugs me. But overall, and it took me to 3/4's of the way through to accept it, it's not too bad. I think it will crinkle up well over time.
The quilt measure 128cm square which is about 50". I have another one in mind for someone special....funny how that happens with quilting!

2 comments:

  1. I love the fabric on the back! I've just started quilting and would love to do something as beautiful as that, with a circle motif. I better get practicing. :-)

    ReplyDelete