Thursday, November 19, 2009

Crazy is as Crazy does....

Last week, Amanda Jean wrote about using the little triangles that are cut off when joining 2 1/2" wide binding strips on the diagonal. They make great little maverick stars when joined to a 2 1/2" square. Well it turns out that I too have quite a little stash of these triangles along with a 'glad bag' full of white off-cuts. So out of all of these bits I made this.....It's all scraps.....except for the binding....but that's allowed because the triangles I cut off the binding were put back in the bag for the next quilt!
I did attempt to make a scrappy pieced back. However, it was so nice, I couldn't bear the thought of randomly quilting through it so I've kept it as a second mini quilt. Wait till you see it....it's red and white and perfect for Christmas....(to be continued....)

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the quilting too. How big did it turn out to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kay, it's about 45cm square. The other is a little bigger - around 50cm.

    ReplyDelete