Sunday, May 22, 2011

Jumping to it....

My long term Katie Jump Rope quilt is finally a finished project! I think it's been on the go for nearly two years if you count the process of purchasing the fabric. Measuring 70" x 63", made from 5" blocks featuring about 26 fabrics from the range and quilted in straight vertical lines about 3/4" apart, this quilt has lost none of the charm that I imagined it would have. It's very vintage...slightly at odds with the 'mod' back that features a range of solids in co-ordinating colours pieced together in strips. The binding is the bandana print in blue which I acquired after the top was pieced otherwise it would certainly had been included. However, using it only as binding frames the quilt beautifully. Now back to the work in progress pile!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Theresa, that quilt is divine! I LOVE the Katie Jump Rope line and you have done such a lovely job. Well done, I bet it's a relief to finish it!

    ReplyDelete