Tuesday, September 22, 2009

From little things.....

Big things grow.
I've been inspired by Amanda Jean who in turn, was inspired by Katy's flickr posting of the Birmingham Quilt Show and in particular Ingrid Press's absolutely stunning little house quilt. I can't stop looking at it, it's so beautiful. Amanda Jean quickly siezed on the wonderful notion of getting her Sew Connected Quilt Group to help build her village (how Amish!). But I don't have that kind of support (yet) seeing as I've only been blogging (and quilting) for a little while. So......I had a go at construction last night using nothing but my scrap bin. It's very liberating to realise that each of these little house/tree blocks have been made out of reclaimed fabric. I stayed up way past my bedtime and managed 14 blocks. Only 11 more to go! Some of my buildings turned out a little larger than I originally intened but with lots of white around them they'll soon look smaller against the background. I'm aiming for 12 1/2" square blocks for each.
I'm thinking this quilt might be a nice little fundraiser for R's Girl Guides. And I'm also thinking that down the track the girls might be able manage one of their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment