Thursday, September 24, 2009

Charity begins in the home....

The Girl Guide fundraiser quilt construction is powering along. All the little house blocks are built and are ready to be joined to finish the top.
I inadvertently (another word for mucked up whilst working late at night) trimmed one of my blocks 1" too small, so I had to trim all the others back! They're now 12" square which is a little smaller than I'd originally planned. I think lots of white around these houses work so much better.
I loved the process of making these little houses....it reminded me of all the houses I used to make out of lego or old bricks when I was little. Here are some of my favourites.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Theresa,
    that is going to be mega cute...what a nice design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just love this quilt. So very sweet...

    ReplyDelete