Saturday, January 30, 2010

Leftover loveliness....

The paper pieced strip quilt started a week or so ago is now pieced. I decided to add a double border that also incorporates the bright stripey fabric that I've been having a love-hate relationship with. It's the one that I was going to use recently on the Neighbourhood II quilt but it just wasn't working there. However, given all the bright left-overs in this quilt, including some of the aforementioned stripe, it works wonderfully well and highlights so many of the colours. I'll also use it in the binding.
Adding the borders has resulted in a flimsie of around 56" x 63" (135mm x 160mm). A lovely cot or throw size for sure!
Here it is in the sunshine at around 3pm this afternoon on a 35 C day! It's almost a cathedral window!

4 comments:

  1. It's just beautiful and I love the stripey inner-border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to tell you how gorgeous I thought this was. But I am curious.....when do you sleep????

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok Theresa you put me to shame...mine has been in the suitcase for 3 years...think thats a ufo for 2010..yours looks great so I am enthused...and yeah when do you sleep?
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it is such a gorgeous , happy quilt !

    ReplyDelete