Wednesday, October 21, 2009

You gotta jump over it, you gotta jump under it....

I've reached a point in my latest project where I can't wait to show you what I've been doing these past few days (weeks actually).....so much so, I'm revealing it in its basted state.
This is my circle quilt inspired (again) by Amanda Jean who directed readers of her blog to this wonderful, simple to follow tutorial.
I haven't shown the back but believe it or not, I started this quilt with the backing fabric. It's an Ikea sheeting fabric available now in 3m x 120cm lengths for around $14.95*, featuring hearts on white in blue, green, yellow, red, pink and orange. (*I'm finding that depending on which State you live in, depends on how much Ikea charge...but that's another blog story.) Except for the pink I was able to select 12 different Denyse Schmidt's Katie Jump Rope fabrics in co-ordinating colours. I've been saving my collection of these fabrics and it took a lot to seriously cut into them but now I'm just jumping over the moon with how gorgeous these fabrics look together in one quilt. I can't wait to quilt it and show it in its finished form.
Edited to say: Now I know why circle quilts are so addictive!

5 comments:

  1. This is a great quilt and I thought you couldn't beat the little houses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tara....I'll never decide what to make for you girls at this rate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looks gorgeous with the edges done - you are sooo clever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gorgeous! I don't think I could be bothered with zigzag stitching the circles but the colours are just divine.

    Such a little clever clogs.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your circle quilt ... it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete