Monday, January 14, 2013

One thing leads to another.....

Of course it does...never truer words spoken. But, I can't help thinking about how this statement currently relates to my quilting.
For me 2012 was a year of gifting and donating quilts along with some minor efforts at craft markets. And here I am at the beginning of 2013 with a commission list that is pleasantly surprising. I am delighted that my obsession with fabric and the craft I use for my escape is now desired by some and that they're serious about their own 'Little Sew and Sew's' production. (My husband is thrilled that some of the fabric is moving from the shrine otherwise known as the 'stash'!).
Thank you, one and all. I am really quite chuffed that you actually asked me to create your bespoke quilt and have given me the greatest excuse ever to sit behind the machine!
In the meantime, I'll share with you a little project I've been crafting for one of a number of babies I have on my horizon. This quilt top is based on the modern log cabin quilt from the front cover of the book of the same name by Susan Beal. Mine is a modified version based on 2.5" to make a 12" block and is cot sized (48x60). I also switched it up a little more by creating 1/2 blocks to go on the second and fourth rows....I tell you, it never rains, it pours!

1 comment:

  1. It's a nice feeling isn't it? (Once you get passed the "are you sure my work is good enough???" doubts first though.)

    I'm not surprised you are getting commisions though, as your work is just exquisite.

    I have been too busy building kitchens to be stitching, so my vision of presenting the 2012 maths teacher with a bespoke quilt on the first day of the 2013 school year is fading fast....

    ReplyDelete