Saturday, April 30, 2011

Princess in the house....

A work colleague is having his second baby and he tells me it's another little girl. That got me thinking about a little quilt which is a lovely distraction to the bigger projects that I always seem to have backed up at the 'factory'! Yesterday I pulled out some scraps that I have of Heather Ross's Far Far Away in the peach and natural colours. There was a strip of the princess and the pea and some good sized scraps of the frog prince, snails and meadow. Inspired by the world's newest princess, I spent today sewing and finished up with a fun little flimsy that features a princess panel surrounded by Far Far Away maverick stars in various sizes (4", 3" and 2 1/2" squares). The background fabric is quilter's muslin which I haven't used before but thought its lightness would work well with the FFA's double gauze weight. It's not bad and the creamy colour is perfect. I'm hoping the quilt will really soften up for a little baby.It was quite rainy weather today so I didn't attempt any washing so the top is also basted and ready to be quilted. I'll panic about preparing 'back to school' uniforms tomorrow!This little quilt measures around 36" x 44".

No comments:

Post a Comment