Saturday, May 15, 2010

What I didn't realise.....

Twelve months and 118 posts ago was ....
...that I would consider every birthday, baby arrival and celebration as an opportunity to make a quilt
...that I would constantly convert metric to imperial
...that I would be interested in the daily value of the US dollar
...that safety pins were so valuable and that I would 'get over' not closing them before putting them away
...that my quilting year was so much more rewarding than my academic year....and that I wished that there was a diploma for fabric worship....
...that I would look for quilt inspiration everywhere
(new canopy Adelaide Entertainment Centre)
...that I would know how to pull my sewing machine apart, clean, oil it...and put it back together
...that I would own two sewing machines.....and covet another
...that you could have soooo many conversations about fabric and that I have such great friends to have those convesations with
...that I would have made as many quilts as I have
...and that so many of my friends are interested in what I write....and tell me so!
A little over a year ago when I started this blog I had no idea how I would feel about these things and would never have guessed that they would be very much a part of me. But because I have a blog....I can look back and see it all. To all who read.....thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog! It keeps me in touch with the people I love. Ane it keeps me enjoying life's moments.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blog birthday - keep tyhose safety pins open!!

    ReplyDelete