Saturday, May 9, 2009

Out of this world

When Claire announced that she was off to Japan and 'would we like anything?', Clare and I immediately said 'anything Super Mario' as our boys are huge fans.
Claire didn't let us down and returned with the most amazing piece of 'Galaxy' fabric for each of us. I pushed aside my idosyncratic 'I can't cut it, it's too lovely' habit because I knew exactly what I was going to do with my bit.
The girls at Patchwork on Central Park had given me a copy of their 'Birdsong' quilt pattern on my last visit. It's the perfect pattern for a feature print. Super Mario and his mates surrounded by strips of primary colours, heaps of fun and really easy. Most of the fabric is from Spotlight, including the blue and yellow star fabric used on the back and the binding and there's a little bit from Hetties Patch too.
L loves it and can't wait to start using it. He and R have their slippers on (a wonderful purchase from our recent girls weekend in Melbourne) and are rearing to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment