Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Solid focus....

I've been playing with solid fabrics lately. There are so many options but my favourite, and this is regardless of solid or print, has to be working with scraps and stash.
I had a whole bunch of solid triangle offcuts from my Swoon quilt sitting in a little plastic zip lock calling out to me every time I opened the cupboard. Given their size, I cut a whole bunch of 4 1/2" squares and matched them up into sets of four, setting the triangles into 2 of each.
I played with mixing the triangle pairs which is a pattern I've opted for in the past but the matching pairs just worked so much better. I'm loving the colours....so very pretty.Quilting has started and progress is good....!

1 comment:

  1. and it looks fantastic! I'm going to do something with solids soon - I keep collecting them so better use them up.

    ReplyDelete