Sunday, April 8, 2012

Knitting season....

I thought I'd do a spot of knitting over the Easter break. I've chosen to work on a slouchy beanie for R which requires two sets of double knitting needles and two sets of yarn knitted together to create a 12 ply thickness....lots of bits. So to keep it all together, I thought I'd whip up one of Jen's little drawstring bags.The pattern for the bag is really straight forward but instead of using the recommended two exterior fabrics, I opted to use a whole piece of cheater print that I was recently gifted from the very generous Michelle. I also changed up the sizing a little, working with a 13" square. This was essentially to create the biggest bag I could out of the fabric I had that also allowed me to match the horizontal print on each side. I love how it turned out.
Then R asked if I'd show her how to knit a scarf. I dug out some needles that little hands would find easy to work with and some left over balls of wool. And because I was so thrilled with how neat my knitting was looking, I whipped another up for her.R's bag features a very cute Kokka print called 'Treffle' a pattern devoted to all things Paris. It's a little bigger again, 16" x 16" and lined with some more of Michelle's gifted fabric, a gorgeous red and white stripe. And to keep with the red, white and blue, the straps are made from some of DS Quilts' Picnics and Fairgrounds argyle in blue and white.They make a lovely pair of little bags indeed. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment